Monday, June 25, 2007

. . .

Rough day today. Checked a friend into rehab yesterday, had a bad day at work, went to visit him this evening. Came home depressed from that. Threw in Syriana, got more depressed. Decided to surf the web, saw the usual reports on death in the Middle East, went to ESPN, and saw that my 2nd favorite pro wrestler from back when I cared about wrestling was found dead in his home along with his wife and 7-year old son: "investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed Nancy and Daniel over the weekend, then himself on Monday". (My favorite wrestler died last year of a drug overdose - that seems to be the way most of them go - OD or a heart attack from steroid abuse).
I'm emotionally vacant - I have no response to any of this tonight. I'm going to sit here for another hour or so, waste time, and then go to bed and hope I get up on time in the morning, which is kind of a crap-shoot since I mis-placed my second alarm.
Why the fuck do blogs always turn into whiny ass bullshit like this? Something about the nature of the medium.
Good night.

2 comments:

Daniel Silliman said...

Sorry. Life's bullshit.

Metz said...

Eh, I'm over it. You know how it goes - depressive/euphoric. Everyone goes through mood swings. I'm glad my friend is finally getting some professional help.